Openining times: from July to September
Description: "La Sia", the last remaining Venetian hydraulic sawmill with piston mechanism in Val di Fassa, is located in Penìa di Canazei. Documented since the sixteenth Century, it nowadays appears as it was realized in 1922 by master carpenter Dellagiacoma "Giochelon" from Predazzo. A following restauration between 1985 and 1988, commissioned by the Istituto Cultural Ladin and conducted by master Giuseppe Longo from Tesero, put it back into operation, insomuch that it can still be used for the needs of the inhabitants of the hamlet. The sawmill is property of the "Associazione Beni ed Usi Civici" (ASBUC) of Penìa, heir of the ancient "Regola" (Community institution).