I Rifugi del Gusto Val di FassaI Rifugi del Gusto Val di Fassa
Category: Food & Wine Area: In Val di Fassa from to lunch and dinner - Resort: Campitello di Fassa - Canazei - Fedaia Pass - Karerpass - Moena - Pozza di Fassa - San Pellegrino Pass - Sellajoch - Sèn Jan di Fassa - Soraga di Fassa - Vigo di Fassa Place: Refuges Val di Fassa, Catinaccio | Sassolungo | Sella | Monzoni | Costabella | Marmolada In the Trentino Dolomites beyond summer: Ladin tastes at high-level refuges
Who said that the trekking season ends in September? Thanks to this initiative it will still be possible to do excursions and discover the Dolomites, part of the UNESCO Heritage, and have the possibility to find open huts along the tracks, even in this period. By "I Rifugi del Gusto" (#rifugifassadelgusto) of Val di Fassa (#rifugifassadelgusto), yummy dishes will be available during the two weeks of the initiative: 13,00 Euro for a first course and a dessert, or 20,00 Euro for a single dish and a dessert. Reach the mountains, listen to the calming rhythm of autumn, discover the huts and live an extraordinary experience under the stars. The offer includes: a night in hotel, two nights in mountain hut with half board accommodation and two menus "Menù del Gusto".
15 days, 10 refuges and menus, 8 mountain lifts open and several paths to cover on foot: from September, 21st to October, 6th it’s time for the new edition of "I Rifugi del Gusto in Val di Fassa" (#rifugifassadelgusto) that launches the rich offer of the Ladin valley for the autumn season. The mountain refuges that take part in the initiative are located throughout the main mountain groups of the Dolomites (Catinaccio, Marmolada, Sassolungo) and during these two weeks (some even on a longer period of time) they propose a suite of delicacies that represent them, mostly made with zero-kilometres products: a way to know and appreciate the territory in its multiple aspects, walking in the mountains and discovering the variety of its landscapes, the fantastic colours greenery softening to warmer autumnal tones and, obviously, the persuasive flavours.
- Two selections of "ciajoncie" (traditional ravioli) with spinach and with figs | "Linzer" cake - "Simposyum dish": schüttelbrot "spätzle" (traditional dumplings) with butter and parmesan, boletus mushrooms and sous vide pork belly marinated with thyme and lemon | "Linzer" cake
- "Ciajoncie" (traditional ravioli) with figs, damp with creamy poppy butter on a lingonberry brush-stroke | Mountain cream pudding, chocolate crumble, wood colours - Highlander-Bio goulash with "Cher de Fascia" cheese | Apple fritters and vanilla ice-cream
- "Spätzle" (traditional dumplings) with "Cher de Fascia" cheese sauce and smoked ham | Cream pudding with berries - Venison cutlets with lingonberry marmalade, mushrooms and cabbage | Apfelstrudel with whipped cream
- Homemade rosemary tagliatelle with boletus mushroom | Cream pudding with berries - "Gröstl" (traditional South-Tyrolean dish with roasted mixed meat and sautéed potatoes) with cabbage salad | "Vael" cake, our famous cake with cream, ricotta cheese and chocolate
- Beetroot dumplings filled with "Puzzone di Moena" cheese, with butter scented with lavender from our vegetable garden | Grandma’s cake with lemon and ginger sorbet - Pistachio crusted lamb cutlets with pressed dumpling and purple potato foam flavoured with thyme from our vegetable garden | Grandma’s cake with lemon and ginger sorbet
- Potato panzerotto filled with rabbit and leek cream | Baileys, biscuit and cream parfait - Beef cheek stewed with "Teroldego" wine, with buttermilk and boletus dumpling | Cream pudding with berry gel and chocolate shortbread
On 21 September 2019, On 28 September 2019 and on 5 October 2019 see programme Resort: Campitello di Fassa - Sèn Jan di Fassa Place: Rifugio Baita Cuz | Rifugio Sasso Piatto | Rifugio Roda di Vael From September 21st to October 6th, a special edition with menus and events at altitude that introduces the most colourful hiking season in the Dolomites