February 24, 2024 11:00
On 24 and 25 February 2024, the black slope '"La VolatA" in the San Pellegrino ski area will host two Super Gs by the female jets of international skiing
Important return to the women's Alpine Ski World Cup for Val di Fassa: on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th February 2024, the "La VolatA" slope of the San Pellegrino ski area will host two Super Gs. The World Cup race calendar will see the elite of international skiing back in the Ladin valley. It is an eagerly awaited return after the excellent performance of 2021 when, again on "La VolatA", there were even three women's speed races (two downhill races and one Super G; the first two won by Lara Gut Behrami, while the third by our Federica Brignone) assigned to Val di Fassa in December 2020, after the cancellation of those of Yanqing in China (due to pandemic).
Programme Val di Fassa Audi FIS Ski World Cup 2024:
- Saturday 24 February at 11:00 > women's Super G
- Saturday 24 February at 18:00 > prize-giving ceremony and bib draw, in the square "Piaz de Sotegrava" in Moena
- Sunday 25 February at 11:00 > women's Super G, followed by the awards ceremony
The value of the ski track, which together with the valley ski areas "Val di Fassa - Carezza" and "Alpe Lusia / San Pellegrino" is part of the Dolomiti Superski, is underlined by Mauro Vendruscolo, president of the San Pellegrino ski area: «Only six years after its creation, "La VolatA" returns to host the World Cup for the second time. This confirms the technical qualities of this slope, which has already proven to be up to the elite of international alpine skiing. This is an important opportunity for the area and is the result of intense teamwork on the part of those who wanted this slope, those who contributed to its realisation and all those who made it possible for us to achieve this goal». The Val di Fassa, strengthened by local expertise and past experiences, from the World Cup races of 2021, to the Junior Alpine Skiing World Championships of 2019, to the numerous European Cup races (for more than a hundred FIS international competitions), is ready to honour the important women's ski event at the end of February in the best possible way.
Technical data sheet for the "La VolatA" - Col Margherita slope:
- length 2350 metres
- uphill altitude 2510 metres
- valley altitude 1880 metres
- dive 830 metres
- average slope gradient 28.4%
- maximum gradient 47%.
- highlights "Dosso del Camoscio" (length 880 metres), "I muri del Poeta" (length 1000 metres), "La Piana" (length 410 metres), "Muro Alberto" (length 190 metres)
- southeast/north exposure
- year of construction 2017
- served by the "Col Margherita" cable car