Canazei, Campitello, Mazzin, Pozza, Vigo, Soraga and Moena are easy to reach, thanks to their geographical position and to their proximity to the main communication routes. In this section you can find useful information to plan your holiday in Val di Fassa at best.
Main access points to Val di Fassa, coming from the A22 Brennero motorway:
- Ora/Egna exit, S.S. 48 delle Dolomiti - Passo San Lugano - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance 45 km). At the roundabout in Moena, follow the direction to Canazei;
- Bolzano Nord exit, S.S. 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti - Passo Carezza - Vigo di Fassa (distance 40 km). From Vigo, follow the direction to Canazei or the direction to Soraga and Moena.
Other access routes to Val di Fassa:
- from the A27 (Venezia motorway), Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi exit, then take the S.S. 203 to Agordo and the S.P. 346 to Passo San Pellegrino - Moena (Val di Fassa). At the roundabout in Moena, follow the direction of Canazei upwards;
- from the A27 (Venezia motorway), Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi exit, then take the S.S. 203 to Agordo/Alleghe/Rocca Pietore first and the S.P. 641 to Passo Fedaia - Canazei;
- coming from Arabba, take the S.S. 48 Passo Pordoi - Canazei;
- coming from Val Gardena, take the S.S. 242 Passo Sella - Canazei.
Pay attention: part of the town centre in Moena is subject to traffic restrictions. During high season, additionally, part of the area is turned into a pedestrian zone during scheduled times. For further information and to avoid fines due to traffic offences, contact the tourist office in Moena.
Driving rules. From the beginning of November to mid April, all vehicles must be equipped with winter tires or have snow chains on board. In Italy, dipped headlights must be used on all out-of-town-roads, during the day, at all times.
Real-time traffic conditions and road information:
- for the province of Trentino, visit the web site "Viaggiare in Trentino";
- for the province of Bolzano, visit the web site "Centrale viabilità Provincia Autonoma di Bolzano", mountain passes section.
Taxi and car rental services in Val di Fassa
Contact our taxi and car hire companies, partners of Val di Fassa Tourist Board, which operate with a regular licence.
Car rentals in Trento and in Bolzano:
- Car rental Hertz Trento - Phone +39 0461 822178
- Car rental Avis Bolzano - Phone +39 0471 212560
- Car rental Hertz Bolzano - Phone +39 0471 254266