About ten kilometres from Moena, in the direction of the San Pellegrino Pass, you'll find one of Trentino's most well-equipped Nordic ski centres. The skiing loops are classified according to difficulty, covering a total length of 18 km. From the "Alochet" plain, you can reach the frozen lake and then continue to the starting stations of the "Gigante" and "Col Margherita" lifts.
|Name||Status||Opening hours||Snow depth||Length||Difficulty|
|Campo scuola Alochet (school field)||Closed||09:00-16:00||20 cm||800 m||Easy|
|Alochet||Closed||09:00-16:00||20 cm||1900 m||Easy|
|Masarè||Closed||09:00-16:00||50 cm||5000 m||Medium|
|Campo d'Orso||Closed||09:00-16:00||50 cm||10000 m||Difficult|
The tracks are daily maintained, always perfectly beaten each night and set both for classic technique and for skating. Snow throughout the season is guaranteed, thanks to the northern exposure and a new artificial snow-making system.
Cross-country skiing on San Pellegrino Pass allows you to combine aerobic activity with a full immersion into nature. There are forests, lakes and snowy expanses surrounded by panoramic views of the Juribrutto and Bocche peaks, Col Margherita and Costabella.
Already familiar with narrow skis? Choose the blue "Alochet" and red "Masarè" tracks. The "Campo d’Orso" loop is 10 km long and is reserved to pro skiers, insomuch that it regularly hosts the training sessions of the Italian national team. In the school field, children and beginners can gradually approach the sport and try their hand at coordination and balance tests. On request, an instructor certified in teaching disabled people is available, and it is possible to hire specially-adapted sledge.
The centre, managed by the municipality of Moena, offers numerous services for cross-country skiers: place for refreshments, ski rental and deposit (waxing, servicing and maintenance), changing rooms, a ski school and free parking. Ski bus connection from Moena (stops on request).
Access to the tracks is paid: € 9 daily pass; € 5 afternoon pass (from 12:30 p.m.); free for children under 10.1 free admission with the Trentino Guest Card. The SuperNordicSkipass can be used here. Tickets can be purchased directly from the centre's ticket office.
- Plan your tour, wear the appropriate equipment, taking into account your technical skills and the weather conditions
- Adapt your skiing to the snow conditions, the visibility and the crowdedness of the slope
- Respect the signs and follow the right direction
- Follow the track on the right, if you are in a group proceed in single file
- Facilitate overtaking when possible
- Be careful on downhill slopes
- Stay off the tracks and the track
- In case of a fall, clear the track as soon as possible
- Help those in difficulty. In case of real need and for emergencies call 112
- Respect the environment, do not throw litter, tissues and gels
- Enjoy skiing, the view and the silence