Canazei is one of the Alpine capitals of snow sports. Internationally renowned for its lively character and the excellent quality of its high-altitude skiing, the village won't disappoint the visitor either; for skiiers, mountain lovers or curious visitors it offers a valid alternative to Alpine skiing. Of all the cross-country ski areas in Val di Fassa, Canazei is undoubtedly the most convenient.
|Campo scuola Ciasates (school field)
|Soreghes - Sot Ronch
In a closed, reserved area the beginners can take their first steps under the careful guidance of a certified instructor.
Confidence and balance acquired, you can move on to the open tracks, either alone or with a guide. All the tracks in the village are easy, with small humps and deceptive flat stretches so you can practise without great fatigue or difficulty. While skiing on these tracks, it's easy to get distracted by the magnificent panorama offered by the snow-covered landscapes of Sella, Pordoi and Gran Vernel, which surround and embrace Canazei and the entire Fassa Valley. The course heads up towards the Alba ("Ciasates" loop) or, following the line of the Avisio river, towards "Soreghes - Sot Ronch", through the wide plain that connects Canazei to Campitello. The silence of the forest is only interrupted by the rustle of skis sliding smoothly underfoot.
The tracks are always perfectly groomed and can be used throughout the season, thanks to meticulous daily maintenance and artificial snowmaking systems.
The ring and the school field "Ciasates" are reserved for Canazei ski school customers only.
- Plan your trip and be properly equipped, being aware of your technical skills and of the weather conditions
- Adjust your skiing to snow conditions, view, and crowding of the trail
- Keep to the signs, following the direction of travel and the indicated technique
- Ski along the rightmost trail; if you are in a group, proceed in single file
- When possible, make overtaking easier
- Pay attention to downhill stretches
- Stop outside the tracks without obstructing the trail
- In case of a fall, free the trail as soon as possible
- Respect the environment, do not throw wastle, tissues, and gel on the ground
- Help people in need. In case of real necessity and for emergencies, call 112
- Access during track opening hours only
- Ski calmly, enjoy the view and the silence