Canazei is one of the Alpine capitals of snow sports. Internationally renowned for its lively character and the excellent quality of its high-altitude skiing, the village won't disappoint the visitor either; for skiiers, mountain lovers or curious visitors it offers a valid alternative to Alpine skiing. Of all the cross-country ski areas in Val di Fassa, Canazei is undoubtedly the most convenient.
Cross-country ski area Canazei
|Name||Status||Opening hours||Snow depth||Length||Difficulty|
|Campo scuola Ciasates (school field)||Closed||08:45-16:30||250 m||Easy|
|Soreghes - Sot Ronch||Open||08:45-16:30 (orographic left)||15 cm||6000 m||Medium|
From the Sellaronda ski tour to the Marcialonga
In a closed, reserved area the beginners can take their first steps under the careful guidance of a certified instructor.
Confidence and balance acquired, you can move on to the open tracks, either alone or with a guide. All the tracks in the village are easy, with small humps and deceptive flat stretches so you can practise without great fatigue or difficulty. While skiing on these tracks, it's easy to get distracted by the magnificent panorama offered by the snow-covered landscapes of Sella, Pordoi and Gran Vernel, which surround and embrace Canazei and the entire Fassa Valley. The course heads up towards the Alba ("Ciasates" loop) or, following the line of the Avisio river, towards "Soreghes - Sot Ronch", through the wide plain that connects Canazei to Campitello. The silence of the forest is only interrupted by the rustle of skis sliding smoothly underfoot.
The tracks are always perfectly groomed and can be used throughout the season, thanks to meticulous daily maintenance and artificial snowmaking systems.
The ring and the school field "Ciasates" are reserved for Canazei ski school customers only.
Short guide to cross-country skiing
- Plan your tour, wear the appropriate equipment, taking into account your technical skills and the weather conditions
- Adapt your skiing to the snow conditions, the visibility and the crowdedness of the slope
- Respect the signs and follow the right direction
- Follow the track on the right, if you are in a group proceed in single file
- Facilitate overtaking when possible
- Be careful on downhill slopes
- Stay off the tracks and the track
- In case of a fall, clear the track as soon as possible
- Help those in difficulty. In case of real need and for emergencies call 112
- Respect the environment, do not throw litter, tissues and gels
- Enjoy skiing, the view and the silence